Monday, July 5, 2010

Have you seen Piebald Deer?

We love wildlife.  How about you?  We'd be interested in hearing if any of you have heard of or seen Piebald deer.  A couple years ago, I looked out our office window and was surprised to see a mostly-white deer.  Thinking it was an albino, which I'd never seen before, I put the sighting in the back of my mind.  Then a few days later, I saw it again. This time it was closer.  It didn't have the usual albino characteristics.  I tried to find info on the internet but wasn't successful.  A few months later, in the local paper, there were photos and info on Piebald deer as a number of people in our area had seen them.  This past year, another Piebald  was born, just a few houses down from us.  Several months ago, my husband was able to take close-up pictures...and our neighborhood Piebalds were most cooperative. : )  Check out our website's newsletter for more information.  Hope you enjoy these snapshots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment